Caregivers are often faced with the difficult task of finding memory-care services for loved ones. Christian Health Care Center recently launched its #MyCHCCStory series on YouTube, which features caregivers sharing their stories of seeking assistance for loved ones with dementia and/or memory impairment. You can see Ken Tanis Jr.’s story below about his father, Ken Sr.
For many like Ken, it becomes more difficult to properly care for a loved one with dementia. Symptoms like cognitive decline, memory impairment, speech impairment, and irritability are common, and can be better addressed in a proper memory-care residence, or program. Christian Health Care Center offers several options for individuals living with memory impairment and those who love them, including:
- three memory-support residences,
- the only inpatient hospital in New Jersey to earn the distinction of Disease-specific Care Certification in the Management of Dementia from The Joint Commission,
- outpatient counseling for caregivers who would benefit from professional therapy,
- medical/social adult day programs, and
- caregivers support groups.
For more information about our memory-care services, contact Karen Hockstein at (201) 848-4463 or email@example.com.