Considering assisted living? Here are some tips from The Longview Assisted Living Residence staff.
- Consider what is important for you and your loved one, such as location, size, and types of services offered.
- Ensure that the residence is licensed to meet your state’s assisted-living regulations.
- Talk to current residents.
- Get referrals from friends, family, and neighbors who have loved ones living in an assisted-living residence.
- Inquire about a waiting list, as well as rates and any additional expenses.
- Find out about staff-to-resident ratio, overnight staff, staff ongoing education and training.
- Observe the level of cleanliness.
- Visit during an activity.
- Explore common spaces and outdoor areas to see if they are pleasant and appealing.
- Ask about safety and security policies and procedures.
- Trust your instincts.
Learn more about The Longview Assisted Living Residence.