PHILANTHROPY in the AGE of COVID-19
From the front lines of COVID-19 at CHCC:
“I’m scared. I don’t want to be here. I want to be in lockdown at home like my friends and neighbors, and self-quarantine to protect my family… and stay safe.
But then I come into work, reluctantly at first, and see those who aren’t able to fully comprehend what’s going on because of their age or dementia. I see those who can’t feed themselves or go to the bathroom on their own. I see someone struggling to breathe. He reminds me of my dad. And so I gear up for battle. I put on my PPE and my natural instincts kick in to rush to answer a call bell… because I have a calling…”
WHY CHRISTIAN HEALTH CARE CENTER’s 2020 ANNUAL FUND IS MORE CRITICAL THAN EVER BEFORE IN THE AGE OF COVID-19:
At Christian Health Care Center (CHCC), prioritizing the health, safety, and protection of all those entrusted to our care has always been at the forefront of our mission. Now, as we face this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic together, our mission to protect the most fragile and vulnerable people in our community has never been more critical.
With your contribution to the CHCC Foundation’s Annual Fund, you are supporting the most-at risk population in our community, along with the staff on the front lines and behind the scenes who give of themselves wholeheartedly to keep them safe, during this pandemic, and every day. Your gift supports our ongoing commitment to:
- Expand virtual telehealth counseling for those seeking mental-health care;
- Elevate digital technology and resources to connect our residents and patients with their loved ones;
- Meet increased demands of supplies and equipment to keep our health-care heroes protected and safe;
- Recognize our heroic caregivers and staff for their tireless and selfless commitment, especially during this unprecedented time;
- Support our mission to deliver comprehensive care, especially for those with dementia/Alzheimer’s, in a calm and safe environment.
Every dollar in support of CHCC’s Annual Fund will undoubtedly make a significant impact at this time of urgent need.
Let’s band together to keep our residents, patients, clients, and consumers safe and healthy, today and every day.
At the heart of silence is prayer. At the heart of prayer is faith.
At the heart of faith is life. At the heart of life is service.