De Roo House
Sponsors and friends of those who are residents or patients at Christian Health Care Center (CHCC) are welcome to stay at the De Roo House. Located on the CHCC campus, the De Roo House is rich in history and combines craftsman-style charm with modern conveniences to create an atmosphere of warmth and elegance.
De Roo House is dedicated to the memory of Clarence De Roo, who served as a CHCC trustee and employee for more than 40 years. During his employment, Clarence held the positions of Personnel Director, Public Relations Director, Dietary and Housekeeping Director, Risk Manager, Assistant Administrator, and Planned Giving Coordinator.
In 1956, the De Roo family made the house their residence. Clarence and his wife, Hilda, lived in the home for more than 35 years, raising their four sons and two daughters.
Clarence passed away in 1996, leaving a legacy of faithful Christian service. He has become a cornerstone in CHCC’s history. Hilda passed away in 2009, leaving her own legacy of faithful service as a charter member of the CHCC Ladies Auxiliary and volunteer for many years.
Recently renovated and redecorated, The De Roo House includes spacious living and dining rooms, a full kitchen, a sun porch library, three bedrooms (one queen, one full, and one trundle bed), one full bath, and one half-bath.
The kitchen is equipped with a full-size refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. It is fully stocked with cookware, dishes, utensils, and cleaning supplies. The formal dining room offers ample dining space. The breakfront contains fine linens and china for guests to use. Service for eight is provided. The gracefully appointed living room allows guests the opportunity to unwind and relax in comfort. The armoire contains cable television, a DVD player, and wireless Internet. Reading material and historical items can be found in the adjoining sun-porch library. Each of the three bedrooms is distinct in décor with fine furnishings, heat, air conditioning, and ceiling fans.
- De Roo House, as well as all CHCC residences and facilities, are smoke-free and alcohol-free.
- De Roo House is cleaned prior to guests’ arrival. Housekeeping services are not provided during your stay.
- De Roo House is able to accommodate a maximum of five guests from the same family at one time.
- In an effort to accommodate all guests, CHCC’s policy allows a maximum stay of three nights within a 30-day period.
- In lieu of set fees, guests are welcome to make a donation to the Center.
- Check in time is 3 p.m. and check-out time is 10 a.m.
- Guests should check in at Heritage Manor Common Reception Desk upon arrival. Check out and key drop off are also at the Commons Reception Desk. The desk is staffed from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Weekend guests are asked to be sensitive to the religious tradition of this community that honors Sunday as a day with sacred meaning for worship and rest.
For more information about the De Roo House or to make a reservation, call (201) 848-5888.